Ah. The dreaded spring cleaning!
Even the thought of cleaning usually makes me run the other direction! But don’t fear! It really doesn’t have to be an overwhelming proposition!
My suggestion is to take it one step at a time. Don’t feel like you have to get everything deep cleaned in a day or even a week! Just do at least one thing on our checklist each day. Soon you will be done and you won’t have to stress or worry.
Top 5 cleaning tips!
- Turn up the music! Great music always helps give motivation to clean. Find your favorite playlist and crank it up! (Not so loud as to make the neighbors worry that you opened a nightclub in your basement, but you get the idea!)
- Many hands make light work! Get your family involved. Give each child (and your spouse) a task and once everyone has their task completed go out for ice cream or a treat! Your kids will learn how to work and you will get multiple things crossed off your to-do list.
- Make sure that you have enough cleaning supplies to get you through! Stock up on cleaners, trash bags, paper towels, rags, and any other supplies you use to clean with. There is nothing worse than running out of cleaner when you are only halfway done with the bathroom!
- Organize while you clean! Instead of taking one day to clean and another to organize, do it all at once! Be prepared with bins, buckets, boxes and labels! Nothing better than killing two birds with one stone!
- Carry your supplies with you! Wear an apron with big pockets or get a tote bucket to carry all your cleaning supplies around as you clean. This will save you time and energy as you are able to carry everything you need to clean any room in your house!
Now get to cleaning!
If you need some help determining where to start, check out our FREE Printable Cleaning Checklist!