A New Spring Recipe!
Spring is upon us. It is time to get out some fresh ingredients and make a delicious new salad recipe. We love potato salad, but that classic picnic potato salad can sometimes be a little too heavy for spring. So we suggest a light, fresh, vinaigrette salad dressing on some new potatoes with fresh herbs. What a delicious way to start your spring!
Do you have any favorite spring potato salad recipes?
Fresh Spring Potato Salad
1½ pounds Klondike Gourmet Medley potatoes
¼ cup chopped green onion
1 clove garlic – minced
1 Tablespoon fresh tarragon – finely chopped
¼ cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons Kosher salt – divided
½ teaspoon black pepper
- Fill a medium saucepan full of cold water. Add 1 tsp. salt and set aside. Wash potatoes and cut in halves or quarters. Add to the water.
- On medium heat, simmer potatoes for 10-15 minutes until tender, but not mushy.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together until well blended while potatoes are cooking.
- Drain potatoes and rinse in cold water.
- Add potatoes to dressing and toss gently to cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.