Resolving Those Resolutions!
I remember the first year I really started using New Year’s Resolutions! I was going to lose weight, be more beautiful and take an exotic vacation! I didn’t accomplish any of those things. I think my most exotic vacation was a trip to the local thrift store where I bought a brightly flowered shirt and a large sun hat, so I could pretend I went to the beach! My life hasn’t gotten any more exciting and I have not gotten any better about keeping those New Year’s resolutions.
This year however, I am going to do things a little differently. Instead of immediately starting a whole bunch of things I will never accomplish, I am going to focus on enjoying things that I don’t get to enjoy often enough.
I am going to experiment in the kitchen.
- One of my favorite things to do is make up recipes, try new things, and use unique ingredients in my recipes!
I am going to go on more dates with my husband.
- I am going to make a special effort this year to get out and do more things with my husband. Our little town has so much to explore! We are going to get out and do some stuff.
I am going to send more greeting cards.
- Don’t you feel wonderful when you get an unexpected card or letter in the mail? It is AWESOME! I am going to do more to put a smile on others’ faces this year. I am going to send people cards for EVERY occasion I can think of. What do you think about a National Custodial Workers Day or National Potato Month? Do they make a card for that?
I am going to read more books.
- I love to read. I read any spare moment I can. I read while waiting at the train crossing, when I’m waiting in line at the grocery store, I read all the time. This year I didn’t read enough, so I am going to read more.
I am going to write more poetry.
- I find that poetry is a great way to express myself. I haven’t written much lately so this year I am going to enjoy writing again.
What are you going to focus on this year? Are your goals unrealistic or are you keeping it simple and focusing on your happiness and the happiness of those around you?